Indonesia was inhabited by many rivers. In fact there are thousands of kilometers in length. The rivers are a series of waterways towards the lake , ocean or river to another. In understanding the river, it is important to examine the flow pattern. What is the pattern of river flow? Simply put, it can be defined as a pattern of an organization or spatial correlation between the valleys by flowing rivers and streams are not drained or dried swamp.
The pattern of river flow is influenced by several factors such as slope or slope, structure, hardness of rocks, geological history, recent earthquakes in the world Diastrophism history, topography, basic rock lithology and geomorphology. Because of these factors, the pattern of river flow is also useful to use in interpreting the appearance of rocks, geomorphological and geological structure.
Various Patterns Watershed
Basically, there are seven types of stream-flow patterns. This division is based on the pattern that formed the river. The types are referred to as follows:
- River flow patterns dendritic. A flow pattern that resembles a branching tree. Irregularly branched and have a corner too diverse directions. This pattern develops in the rock that is relatively homogeneous and not through the control structure. Pla stream that is not a regular one and is generally found in highland areas or coastal region is also the plateau region.
- Parallel flow patterns are patterns that tend to be aligned. He was found in the hills stretching. The slope on this pattern tends to be steep and rugged.
- Annular flow pattern. A flow pattern which direction spreads radially starting from a high point and then walked toward the downstream to the next and then fused in a single stream.
- The next river flow pattern is rectangular. This pattern is formed branches that tend winding river, connect and form the corners of the upright and have twists and turns. This one flow pattern is generally controlled by a hefty pattern or also by the pattern pieces are perpendicular. This rectangular can be formed in the hard rocks with horizontal layers and crystalline rocks.
- The flow patterns trellis has a length of its shape. He often also referred to as the trail patterns fence. This pattern often found in river located on the rocks with a strong lupatan and slope. Large rivers generally follow this pattern singkapat subsequent rocks and also Our leading. Branch tributaries from the right side also left a kind resekuen or too obsekuen.
- Radial flow pattern. Also commonly known as the spread flow patterns. Its main characteristics are different in terms of the flow direction. Spread in all directions either to the north, west, east and south. This pattern is common in the mountainous region with a conical shape.
- The flow patterns of multi-basinal or also known as stream-flow patterns converge. The main feature of this pattern is the flow that focuses on a particular area. This flow pattern is typical of the region with a basin-like dolina in krast region.